-- Closed Thread
  1. many cfg files in wg scan result

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Achievements Days Since Last Visited 1 Days Registered 1

many cfg files in wg scan result

Hi, these few days when the players give us the link for their wg scan, the scan results show that they have many cfg files which are whitelisted, but then we found that it seems everyone is having those same files. So we admins too run a scan and found we also have these cfg files in our scan result. But when i tried to search these files in my hard disks,they don't really existed,example:

default.cfg (MD5: 05C06BB2F46283B8A89722D958F5CAEF) (Size: 1905) (Alias count: 2) (Lines: 111) (Binary: False) -> Whitelisted

skill.cfg (MD5: 4A88A6E1B566D1746E458364D03AF3D5) (Size: 7278) (Alias count: 0) (Lines: 393) (Binary: False) -> Whitelisted
    config.cfg (MD5: 6CFB6694C5238F1470D278E0F9A66B2E) (Size: 1804) (Alias count: 0) (Lines: 84) (Binary: False) -> Whitelisted

and I can see all of the whitelisted cfg files are actually not found in my hard disk, so i assume it happens to all the other players.

as you can see ,the default.cfg even has 2 alias in it which are not allowed in my server, so players are banned innocently because of this funny default.cfg with 2 alias is in the scan result.

This is my scan link,steam on:
    You have to register to be able to see this link. Register HERE! If you are already a member please log in! If you still you are not able to see the link you need to activate your account or an administrator need to activate your account!
    You have to register to be able to see this link. Register HERE! If you are already a member please log in! If you still you are not able to see the link you need to activate your account or an administrator need to activate your account!

these are the players,non steam:

and these are the scan link i choose randomly on the wcd scans page:

default.cfg is all the same number same size same total lines,and also the whitelisted cfg files.
    default.cfg (MD5: 05C06BB2F46283B8A89722D958F5CAEF) (Size: 1905) (Alias count: 2) (Lines: 111) (Binary: False) -> Whitelisted

Please help. Thank you.
    Last edited by Tiger; 20-06-2020 at 04:34 PM.

2. many cfg files in wg scan result

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Achievements Mentions Received 3 Mentions Given 2 Mentions Received 2 Mentions Received 1 Mentions Given 1 Threads Rating Received 2 Threads Rating Received 1 Visitor Messages Received 1
    Doneaza
    Sustine Comunitatea WarGods!
    Fii unul de-al nostru! Doneaza
    Doneaza in Cont Bancar
    Click aici pentru a face o Donatie

That's perfectly normal. Now wCD searches for every CFG file inside all your CS directories (cstrike, cstrike_hd, valve, etc.). You can execute CFG files from valve, or other directory, when you are in CS...

If you have cfg you want me to whitelist them please upload them.

3. many cfg files in wg scan result

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see, so I search the steam folder and found the "default.cfg with 2 alias" under games/steamapps/common/Half-life/valve ,it means this default.cfg with 2 alias is the original cfg file from steam, and also all the whitelisted cfg files also are original from steam .

now that make sense haha.

Thank you for everything,sir.

multumesc . ozi frumo asa .

4. many cfg files in wg scan result

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dear sir, sorry that I am a slow learner,

According to one of our admins, the cheater could edit the skill.cfg and execute it in the cs game, I wonder if these files are modified, will wargods cheat defender detects the modified files ,or it will still show that it is whitelisted?

5. many cfg files in wg scan result

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Achievements Mentions Received 3 Mentions Given 2 Mentions Received 2 Mentions Received 1 Mentions Given 1 Threads Rating Received 2 Threads Rating Received 1 Visitor Messages Received 1
    Doneaza
    Doneaza in Cont Bancar

CFG files are mostly manually whitelisted and a few of them are automatically whitelisted.

6. many cfg files in wg scan result

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    multumesc.^^

7. many cfg files in wg scan result

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Doneaza
    Doneaza in Cont Bancar

You are welcome. If you have more questions please start a new thread.