PDA

View Full Version : FALSE POSITIVE False Positive - AFX Hook GoldSrc

ionmih
08-11-2020, 10:25 PM
<b>You have to register to ba able to see this link</b>

I searched for the file that wargods detected it as a cheat and the file is located in a folder hlae_2_2_21_1 (Half Life Advanced Effects) which is a software for making C.S. Movies. I had that software for several years in my computer and I never had a problem when I scanned with wargods.
If I delete Half Life Advanced Effects folder will the wargods report come clean ?

Tiger
08-11-2020, 10:47 PM
I guess you didn't read on their website:

VAC warning: The HLAE tool is technically a hack, therefore you should use it for making movies / watching demos only. Joining VAC protected servers with HLAE will probably get you VAC banned.

<b>You have to register to ba able to see this link</b>

HLAE is detected for more than 2-3 years...

PS: Don't use HLAE while playing...
PS2: "Found" means that the file has been found, it doesn't mean you have HLAE loaded in your game.

If I delete Half Life Advanced Effects folder will the wargods report come clean ?

Yes.

ionmih
08-11-2020, 10:56 PM
Can you please remove my positive report? I will delete my HLAE, I don t even use it any more and I have never used cheats in my life.

Tiger
10-11-2020, 08:37 PM
Unfortunately, no. It wouldn't be fair for others those have been caught with cheat files on their disk and I didn't cleared their reports.

ionmih
10-11-2020, 11:25 PM
Ok. But you already cleared someone else's detection before that had the exact same file (also from HLAE). You cleared Prob Ator's detection.
Here is what you said to him after you cleared it:
"I cleared your detection this time. HLAE is not exactly clean and I quote the HLAE's author: "VAC warning: The HLAE tool is technically a hack, therefore you should use it for making movies / watching demos only. Joining VAC protected servers with HLAE will probably get you VAC banned.".

Prefetch is one of the detection mechanism and it is used to find executed cheats on player's computer."

Here is the link of his False Positive post:
<b>You have to register to ba able to see this link</b>(Prefetch)

Considering that it is my first "offence" (even though I didn't use any cheats, that software was downloaded for making CS Movies), I think I deserve a chance. Usually when I play the admins ask me for wargods test every 20 minutes because I play pretty well and a lot of the admins don't have much experience in C.S....and if they see that detection they will consider me a cheater even though I never used cheats in my life.

You can watch on youtube to see how I play and that I am clean. I have a few demos (that recorded my screen, so they are made with the record command, not HLTV): <b>You have to register to ba able to see this link</b>
Also I have more than 3 GB of screenshots made by admins that suspected me of wallhack. All of them are clean.

I hope I get a positive response,
Good night

Tiger
24-11-2020, 10:50 PM
I am sorry, I didn't see your post until now.

I removed your detection JUST BECAUSE that module didn't have a timestamp associated, thus this forensics entry could be older than expected.