PDA

View Full Version : INFO Scan problem

g0d pEEK
31-10-2020, 01:01 PM
I have problem (Error code: 0x45BE637D) when I'm doing scan and this is happening again and again.. I tryed to reinstall wCD but it didn't work. So i came on site to post this and try to get help with this problem to fix it becouse I can't normaly do scan but before I reinstall my hole computer to first settings (I don't know how it's says on english sorry) my scan was normaly going...

Tiger
31-10-2020, 02:54 PM
0x45BE637D indicates a long scanning time. These can cause such thing:
1) malware - use Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition to clean and protect your system
2) too many junk files (leftovers from other apps) - use CCleaner or BleachBit, or an alternative, to remove junks.
3) your CS is installed into a directory with many files - where did you installed your CS?

g0d pEEK
31-10-2020, 03:44 PM
I downloaded into Local disk/Program files (86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/Half:Life ,it's default download place

Tiger
31-10-2020, 08:55 PM
What's your computer specs? Also, what antimalware product do you have?

Until then try to clean your computer using CCleaner/BleachBit/Advanced SystemCare.

g0d pEEK
31-10-2020, 10:32 PM
I have shit pc and I'm using Avast

Tiger
01-11-2020, 12:06 AM
Did you tried to whitelist wCD in Avast or to turn Avast off temporarily? Check task manager if Avast throttles the CPU/memory when running wCD (during the scan).

wCD creates threads at low priority to avoid CPU throttles on old computers. Usually antimalware products runs at higher priorities and privileges than wCD.