PDA

View Full Version : WarGods Cheat Defender VirusTotal checking

Celentano
16-02-2019, 02:25 PM
Hello. I'm very like your program and appreciate what you do.

But i'm wounded why VirusTotal finded so many viruses in "WarGods Cheat Defender Win7.exe" file.

Can you explain me it is viruses or what.

Thank you so much.

<b>You have to register to ba able to see this link</b> b5e05a7492ff3e/analysis/1550318593/

<b>You have to register to ba able to see this link</b> 244_500.jpg

--------------- Added after 13 minutes ---------------

And one more..

Can you make here searching reports by Steam id:

<b>You have to register to ba able to see this link</b> 500.jpg

Tiger
16-02-2019, 03:01 PM
Hi.

They are false-positives caused by the obfuscator we use. All of these detections are generic detections on the obfuscator. If you want you can submit wCD as false-positive on the AV's page and you will see that the detection will be removed sooner or later.

For example Ikarus' detection: Trojan.MSIL.MultiPacked
Trojan -> a generic detection, name is a bit exaggerated in this case because wCD doesn't do any malicious activity (it reads data, such as game memory and the process/game modules and files (to calculate the file hash and to extract some metadata [e.g: file name, file size, number of aliases, number of lines, etc.]), and only writes your unique id on your PC - nothing more).
MSIL -> Microsoft Intermediate Language (in our case C#)
MultiPacked -> means the executable is obfuscated/packed/compressed.

We obfuscate our executable to make the reverse-engineering harder, to protect our cheat detector engine, so the creators of the cheats will need a lot more time to search a vulnerability in our engine and find how to exploit it by creating undetectable cheats.

If you still don't trust wCD you can analyze it in a VM, but be aware that we block and ban those scans (for our protection against potentially attacks or false reports) but you can still analyze it.

Also, make sure you always download from our official wCD page!!! Some players upload wCD files to various file hosting services, sometimes these files are infected with various malware or they are modified so you can be banned by our system.

LE: Click on "Nick" list element, you will see there the Steam ID option.

<b>You have to register to ba able to see this link</b>

LE 2: I moved your topic on english subforum support.

Celentano
16-02-2019, 05:11 PM
Wow, i'm very happy to see your answer so quickly)
Thanks for the detailed answer, i understand now.
_____

About the search - my fault, sorry. Know i see i must to put just numbers there to search by steam id.

____

Thx you so much for your program, everyone must play clear and honestly.

Tiger
18-02-2019, 12:09 AM
You are welcome. :)

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask them in a new thread. :)

:locked: